Our house is our sanctuary, more so during this lockdown. However, every time you bring something from a grocery store or from anywhere, there are chances you are bringing the disease home. Even if you clean your packages and groceries usually, you might want to do some extra disinfecting since the virus takes some time to die.
We are still unsure about the time a virus can live on some of the surfaces, which is why it becomes more important than ever to be aware of the potential risk you bring home every time you go out. Manage your property well; going through https://www.rent.com/blog/how-to-clean-and-disinfect-items-you-bring-in-your-apartment/ may help.
When coming back to home
Ideally, one should not leave the house while being quarantined. But if you need to go out to buy essentials, then follow these tips.
- As soon as you come back home, keep the objects that you are carrying on a designated surface.
- Immediately, wash your hands from any soap for twenty seconds.
- Shower and change your clothes to make sure you are clean.
- Using disinfectant wipes clean all the objects that you just brought home. Make no exception, include your glasses, phone, key. Then clean the area where you placed these objects.
- Next, disinfect all the doorknobs you touched when you came back home. It is essential because you don’t even realize how often you touch doorknobs.
When you have a guest home
Now, ideally, to avoid every kind of exposure, you should not have any guests at your place. But if you need to have someone to say an emergency repair, then it is essential to follow this disinfecting procedure:
- Clean all the doorknobs they touched using disinfecting wipes.
- Ask them to wash their hands and disinfect every object they have brought with them.
- As soon as they leave, wipe everything they came in close contact with, pay special attention to the furniture and appliances.
- Wash your hands using soap for twenty seconds.
- Again after they leave, wipe the doorknobs.
When receiving a package
You wouldn’t even think twice, and you would bring that recently delivered package inside your house. These are the objects that have been touched by so many people, and they are potential secure carriers of the virus, which is why it becomes imperative to disinfect them.
Follow these steps to disinfect your packages –
- Immediately discard all the unimportant emails, and keep the essential mails separately. Don’t open anything for at least twenty-four hours. If you have been delivered a box, then remove the cardboard packaging and keep aside the object.
- Wash your hands properly with a bar of soap for twenty seconds.
- You may want to wipe the contents of your package.